Tuesday, August 20, 2013

2/3 Complete

This weekend was kind of rough because I am starting to get to the food boredom part of the Whole30. And I tend to run out of foods on Friday/Saturday, so that adds to the problem. My boss refers to me without food for too long as "Hangry" but I haven't truly felt aggravated by hunger in a week or so. I am looking for new things to explore. I have been having the occasional cup of coffee (black) so I made coconut milk to try in it. It was alright, but I'm more excited to try the almond milk I made today in it.

I was discussing balance on a facebook post and how I manage to stay focused. I neglected to mention it helps that I have realistic, attainable goals in stages. Also, I should have referred back to hitting that "wall" that I did a while back that finally made me snap out of it and focus and be able to do this. I have come so far, but feel as I learn more that I still have so far to go. What's that Socrates saying; "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing"

Three months ago I never would have guessed that I would have made it 20 days with only good food. But here I am, going strong, and excited that I will do it. It hasn't been easy at all and I understand why some people quit when they're so close. It's that denial of the few things I want that I can't have occasionally (think good, grassfed cheeseburger...mmmm) that pushes you to that point. BUT, like the book says, IT'S ONLY 30 DAYS. And now it's only 10. :)

I feel the clothes hanging off of me, and I'm fitting into shirts and pants that I haven't in over a year, so I am anxious to see the inches I've lost. And the weight to an extent, but I don't expect a significant difference there since I am still building muscles. Speaking of exercise...

Monday I did 1.5 miles doing intervals of run a minute walk a minute. My ankle did pretty well, though it's not 100% and we'll see how it goes tomorrow. I was at work pretty late tonight (7 hours between lunch and dinner and I made it!) so I skipped the CrossFit to go home, eat, make more veggies and to rest. I'll go Thursday, and then run again on Friday.

Lunch is packed for tomorrow and ankle is done icing. Ibuprofen is kicking in, time to go to sleep (yes that's right, I'm a light weight and even advil can make me sleepy).

No comments:

Post a Comment